Sunday, October 12, 2008

Presentation

Welcome to this blog! I want it to be a space for me to post some articles, mainly about travels and nature. But I would also like to talk about cinema or literature and to report things I do not agree with. I hope you will enjoy reading it and feel free to write comments!

My name is magnolia. Magnolia trees (in the photo) are special because they belong to an ancient genus and their flowers are gorgeous! I also like its name because it is an international word being the same almost in English, French, Italian, Spanish and Catalan.

Enjoy it!

4 comments:

Peter Pan said...

Have you seen the film called "Magnolia"?

Rip Van Winkle said...

Hi Magnolia,

I think magnolias and magnolia trees are very interesting. Like you say they are very primitive and the flowers are very showy. They have their reproductive system exposed to any external danger. It is curious how soemthing that seems dangerous for the plant has helped her to survive for millions of years.

If you ahve not seen the film Magnolia I recomend it to you like peter pan says. It is a prequel to films like Crash and foloows the pattern of films like Shortcuts by Robert Altman.

I hope you enjoy. The soundtrack is excellent and it was composed especially for the film.

I have posted a short track of it with some music in my blog. If you want to have a look.

Magnolia said...

Thank you for your comments! I have seen the film Magnolia and it is one of the reasons for the blog name. I like it but I have to recognise that I have fall asleep at the end! ups! So I will have to rewatch it.

Nuria Vidal said...

HAVE A LOOK!
-and to report things I DO not agree WITH.
-it and feel free to WRITE comment(0)s!

Just that! I'll be waiting for your other posts.

Please, disable word verification for comments. It saves my time. Thanks!